Monday, February 21, 2011

Yazgan Karsiyaka

Yazgan Karsiyaka

A big family dinner in a house next to the forest. A lot of candles on the table, because electricity was gone (due to bad weather). It sounds good despite the absence of elctricity. Nice food, nice people, nice conversation, but not so nice wine. The host already told me that he is not a wine person. It is stil not easy to write negative comments on a wine that is offered by someone, who invited you to his home for dinner. At least the wine was not home made! If it was home made, I could not probably say anything negative even if the wine was awful :)

Yazgan Karsiyaka, which I choosed among the wines on the shelf totally at my own will, is a varietal of Bogazkere. One can tell that it has a light red color even in the candle light. It was harvested in 2008 and bottled in 2009, if I remember correctly. Since I can't know in which conditions the bottle was kept until I opened it, I don't want to say that it was a bad wine. I'd rather say that we were not satisfied by the wine we tasted. I did not find anything to smell or to taste. It is very light to drink, but I should say that I preferred not to drink it after my first glass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment