Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cycles Gladiator Pinot Noir California 2008

I had a last chance to order online from onlinemahzen.com just before they had to end online ordering. My order included two bottles of Cycles Gladiator. I did not heard this name before and I could not get much information when I googled it. I still ordered them because of curiosity again.

One of these two bottles was a Pinot Noir, which I tasted (from another producer) and admired a few weeks ago for the first time. Cycles Gladiator Pinot Noir California 2008. Remember when I told you about the Bulgarian wine that we drank with our friens and that I also told you that it was not enough for us and we opened another wine too. This one was that other wine. If you could not remember it, you may see it here.

Cycles Gladiator is the name of the wines of a producer in California. Their wines attract attention easily due to their interesting label design. This design, which I understand also gives the wines their names, is based on an artists work dated 1895 from Paris. It has a story starting from bicycle reaching to freedom and happines. You may read it here.

Coming back to our story, I really expected a wine like fairy tale from this bottle. This expectation actually only relied on Pinot Noir. I did not have any idea about the producer as I mentioned. However, I did not really found a wine like a fairy tale. Perhaps we may call this one as short story :)

It is a medium-full bodied, softly tannic wine, which has aroma of strawberry jam. I don't want you mislead you, I don't mean that it is a strawberry wine. It is a California wine made of lovely Pinot Noir grapes with strawberry jam aroma. It has so sweet aromas that one feels like drinking a sweet wine and it leaves strawberry jam like taste on the palate.

Honestly, I believe I can drink better wines at 35 TL (around $22). So, I do not consider buying this wine again for now.

I wish that one day, I will have tasted so many Pinot Noir's that I can write about Pinor Noir of France vs California.

No comments:

Post a Comment