Monday, April 25, 2011

Wine & Dine @ Mimolett

Wine & Dine Degustation Menu
I attended one of the Wine & Dine evenings of Kayra Wine Center together with someone I like very much. The dinner started at 7 pm on a week day and we were late as expected, since we both work on Anatolian side and had to be on European sinde for the event.

We missed the first meal on the menu, Cauliflower Soup and Terra Sauvignon Blanc. When we arrived, Cüneyt Uygur was talking about Kayra Vintage Chardonnay (2009), which was accompanying Risotto with Quail and Pumpkin. If Chardonnay is the queen of the white wine, I think Kayra Vintage Chardonnay can be the queen of Turkish white wines. At least I thought so at that time, but I was starving, so my perceptions could be biased :)

After Risotto, it was Sole and Leona Blurn's turn, but none of them left a memory in my mind. When veal liver and Kayra Vintage Shiraz came to the table, I gave up paying attention to wine & dinner harmony and started enjoying the wine. I am not really fond of offals, but I love red wine and especially Shiraz, and especially this great red wine of the night.

Parfait Pumkin and Carpacio
Kayra Madeira, which was a liquor wine that came to the table together with the desert, was a very interesting wine, but I still continued with Kayra Vintage Shiraz after I tasted it once. Actually it was intersting that I described the wine as interesting and not the desert itself. You see on the picture a pumpkin desert*. Can't you see any pumpkin desert? Don't be so narrow-minded :)

In the meantime, an unbelievably unassuming cook named Görkem - if I'm not wrong - who obviously put an immeasurable effort in everything we tasted, visited our table along with each meal and told us how each of the meals were cooked and what was inside of them (if I did't miss the beginning, I would not have to give you such ambigious information, sorry for that).

It was a lovely and intersting evening, but I have to admit that it is not my kind of thing to talk so much about what we eat and what we drink :) Naturally, I mostly listened to what was being said. If you would like to attend one of these events, I believe they organize similar events every month with a different menu. You may follow their schedule here. If you want to see the menu we tasted, you may click on the title above picture.

*   (this is the name of a Turkish traditional desert, which normally doesn't look like this at all)

No comments:

Post a Comment