Monday, May 2, 2011

Gallo Turning Leaf Zinfandel 2003


Zinfandel is a red grape that is widely produced in California. It can grow in other regions too, but California is the first place that comes to the minds when Zinfandel is in question. I just learned from Garova Gunlugu that it also grows in Karaova, Bordum - Turkey.

I tried Zinfandel before once, but it was my first time and I ordered it in glass in a restaurant. Therefore, I did not want to make strong judgements about it. This time, I was sure that there is a taste in wines of Zinfandel; a taste that I don't really like. I can't describe exactly how it is, but I can tell that it tastes like caramelized onion, is also a little salty and is rather felt around the outer end of the tongue.

Specifically for Gallo Turning Leaf Zinfandel 2003, I can add that it is a little fruity, moderately acidic wine with a strong body. I don't want to lead anyone to a positive or negative conclusion. Let's just say that I did not like it for now, but this doesn't mean that I would not give another chance to Zinfandel.

No comments:

Post a Comment