Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sevilen Syrah 2009


A few days ago, I felt like shoping for the kitchen when I was on my way home. So, I went to Migros (a supermarket chain). After I put a few onions and kiwis to the basket, I thought that it was enough for healthy food and I grabbed the beauity in the picture :)

I tasted Sevilen's wines in Kanyon Wine Tasting Days in November for the first time. I loved them all. The wines that I tasted there were surely more special wines made of high quality grapes, compared to the one in the above picture.

Sevilen Syrah 2009 has a dark burgundy color, medium-full body and a solid, round taste. As I drank it for three consecutive days at dinner with no complaints, I don't want to be unfair, but I would expect more fruity smells and a more complex beauty from this wine.

In fact, this was my mistake. It is better not to expect too much from the wines that can be bought from supermarkets around $10. There can be suprisingly nice wines sometimes, but as I just mentioned, those are just surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment