Thursday, August 11, 2011

Chateau Petit Bois (2003) Lussac Saint-Emilion

Chateau Petit Bois (2003) Lussac Saint-Emilion
Last weekend, we were invited to a barbacue party to celebrate a friend's birthday. Instead of wine, we brought a huge bottle of tequila with us. I forgot to take pictures of the tequila bottle, but I can assure you there is not much to talk about it :) It was my first time of tasting tequila, and I believe there is nothing to taste in tequila. It's salt and lemon that makes us think as if it has a taste :) Anyway, I don't think that people drink tequila for its taste.

Coming to our subject, the wine in the picture was one of the wines in our friend's mother's wine celler. We didn't ask for her permission, so I passed Chateau Margaux bottles and tried to choose a wine that she wouldn't notice easily when dissappeared :)

As I mentioned in my previous post, most of Bordeaux wines don't provide much information on their label. Therefore, I can't tell you about this wine's grapes or producer this time, but I'll tell you something else. Let's first start with the taste of wine. I tasted it without aerating and it had a nice but a little too strong taste, moderate tannin and medium body. Its color was a clear and vivid bordeaux as if it was a young wine, altough it was a 2003 vintage.

Aerator

Then I thought the wine would get better after a little aerating and I asked for a dekanter. Instead of a dekanter, my friend brought the device in the above picture. I saw it for the first time and honestly, I didn't believe first that it would work. In a few seconds, I was the biggest fan of this device! You pour a wine with sharp and intense taste through it and the wine that is filled into your glass is a well aerated, soft, and well rounded wine as if it was aerated in a dekanter for 20-30 minutes.

I couldn't understand how this thing works but it really works! This one is bought in UK and I saw that it can be bought from internet. Coming back to the wine, it is also worth to try, it was a very very nice, soft wine especially after we poured it through the aerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment