Saturday, January 29, 2011

Diren Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2007

Diren Collection Cabernet Sauvignon 2007
While I am preparing this post at my desk at home, I am still supping this wine, the subject of the post. Usually I do not do this. I rather take notes on the wine I'm tasting on some notebook (or sometimes only in my mind) and then wait for an appropriate moment to write a post about that wine. Sometimes, I feel like things may be skipped/forgotten in the time that passes between tasting and writing. Let's see how it works in this way. In fact, you will probably read this post a few days later because I'll wait a few days before I publish my post in case anything else comes to my mind that I'd like to add to the post.

Today's wine is Diren Collection Cabernet Sauvignon. As you may recall from the previous wines of this collection, there are two more grapes that are named in small letters on the bottle: Shiraz and Boğazkere.

Without going into the details about the effect of these two grapes, I'd like to say that I think this is the most delicious Cabernet Sauvignon that I ever tasted. All right, how many varietal Cabernet Sauvignon's did I ever taste? Well, there was Turasan's... Any more? I browse through my notes and I see that there was also Frontera. Maybe I tasted a few in tasting courses or on similar occasions. So, this proves that I am computing an inductive conclusion based on my very limited experience and I express an exaggerated appreciation. I may comfortably argue that there is no impact of the alcohol in my applause as the half of my glass is still full.

First of all, the color of the wine is a very beautiful, dark red. I can describe the aroma that I'm sensing as strong and fruity. I am currently pushing myself to sense and describe more, but I can tell you there is not much hope. Maybe it is because I could not get through the flue as I thougt I did a few days ago.

Let's try to consider this wine in this way: Remember Collection Boğazkere that I mentioned a few days ago and add a little more fruity (but a little bitter fruits) aroma and a little more alcohol (I guess). Do not forget of couse this is a different grape variety at the end. So, this is Cabernet Sauvignon of Diren Collection. When I tasted it after letting it rest in a somewhat large glass for about half an hour, it gives softer and a lot more beautiful flavors. Try it yourself and we'll see if you agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment