Wednesday, January 12, 2011

How big is yours? - Greenpeace

How big is yours? - Greenpeace:

"There will be no more fishes in the world in 2050. If you think that the sea is a source of infinite abundance, you are wrong. %90 of the big fishes are already landed. %60 of all fishes are gone. The rest will dissappear in 40 years. On that they, the life in sea will also end."

This is a campaign of Greenpeace organized to draw attention to improper fishing in Turkey. I publish this here because I personally want to draw attention to the subject. I grow up eating fishes that we catched together with my cousins and my grandpa and it was an amazing experience for me as a child to see that nature creates its own cycle. It is sad to think that one day it will be impossible due to our own misbehaviour.

No comments:

Post a Comment