Sunday, January 2, 2011

Turasan Okuzgozu 2005

Turasan Okuzgozu2005

We were at our friends' home on new year's eve. I picked up two bottles of easy drinking wines with soft tannins. We could only taste one of them, Turasan Okuzgozu 2005. The other one was a Kalecik Karası varietal but I can not tell you about it since I did not have the chance to taste it.

Turasan Okuzgozu 2005
You may be familier with Okuzgozu & Bogazkere blends from Turkey. It is very popular and unique to Turkey. I can tell you that Okuzgozu itself can offer a very nice wine, too.

There is more acidity in this wine of Okuzgozu, compared to the versions blended with Bogazkere. In fact, acidity became more sensible to me as it rested in the glass. It still offers a nice drink with red fruity aromas along with a little spicy ones. It is a medium-full bodied, fresh, nice wine. Besides, I have to say I liked the design of the sticker on the bottle very much.

I bought this wine from onlinemahzen.com at 20 TL. This was my first online wine shopping and it can be the last one, because it is possible that the new draft bill about online sale of alcoholic beverages ends this kind of sale if it is ratified.

The aim of the bill supposed to be protecting youth under 18 years old. As if there is any control over the sales in grocery stores to prevent the young people under 18 from buying alcohol! Considering that on line shopping requires a credit card and online banking, I do not believe that there might be a considerable number of under 18 people that buy alcohol online. Besides, it is already forbitten to sell to under 18 people alcoholic beverages. So, I think the aim should be solve the problem (if there is any) by implementing this rule properly, not by eliminating any kinds of sale altogether.

I wish a new year with more sensible regulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment